Man stabbed during Marston robbery

An 18 year-old man will appear before Oxford Crown Court on 14th February after a 17 year-old boy was stabbed in a car park in Marston on Saturday.
Darren Pullen, of Stansfield Road, Headington, has been released on conditional bail following a hearing at which he was charged with conspiracy to commit robbery at Oxford Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.

The charge he will face remains unconfirmed by the Crown Court.

The victim was attacked at approximately 7.50pm outside the Oxsrad sports and leisure centre in Marsh Lane, receiving a single stab wound between the ribs. He was ordered to hand over his keys and mobile phone before being stabbed.

The victim raised the alarm at the nearby Co-op store and the emergency services were called.
His injury was described as “not life-threatening” by a police statement and he was discharged from the John Radcliffe hospital on Sunday.
A 16 year-old girl, and two men aged 19 and 20, were also arrested on suspicion of robbery but have been released on bail until 21st March.

A spokeswoman for Thames Valley Police said: “We don’t have particular problems with crime in Marston. This is an isolated incident and we are not linking it to any other crimes.”

She commented on information the force has available on personal safety: “We provide lots of information on our website about personal safety and have Youtube videos on the subject specifically aimed at students.”

Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses to the incident. Information should be directed to the Oxford Chief Inspector Detective on 0845 8 505 505