What’s Next For Watson?

Harry Potter actress Emma Watson is reportedly taking up a place at Oxford this autumn.

The Daily Mirror wrote last week that Watson – who has a reported bank balance of £20 million – will be studying English at Worcester College from October.

Students at Brown University, where Watson had been studying literature, can spend a year abroad at selected Oxford colleges, although Worcester is not on the list of exchange partners. It has not been confirmed or denied that Watson has left Brown.

A spokesperson from the Worcester admissions office did not respond to requests for comment.

Watson confirmed earlier this year that she was taking a term out from the Ivy League institution.

She told The Sunday Times last week: “I was in denial…I wanted to pretend I wasn’t as famous as I was. I was trying to seek out normality, but I kind of have to accept who I am, the position I’m in and what happened.”

Oxford students have been abuzz with the news, with several intending to visit Worcester more. Teddy Hall second year Guillaume Lefevre said: “If she really does study English at Worcester, you can be sure that I will definitely be there.”

A spokesperson for the actress said: “I’m afraid we cannot comment at present because no decision has been made.”