Teddy Hall bears all

Teddy Hallers across Oxford will soon be seen proudly bearing Teddy Bear hand stamps and clutching naked calendars after this weekend’s JCR meeting.

The two successful motions secured funding for a Teddy Hall naked calendar, the proceeds of which will go to Cancer Research, and a Teddy Hall Teddy Bear hand stamp for entry into bops and other events.

The Teddy Bear hand stamp motion was passed unanimously, but the Naked Calendar motion was amended and then passed. Originally the motion requested £500 from the JCR, but after some discussion the financial burden was redistributed so that funding would come jointly from both the charities account and the JCR account.

The naked calendar was proposed by Bronte Paice and seconded by Jessica Teal, who sent out an email following the motion’s success inviting students “to ‘Bear’ all for charity.”

“We would love to get as many societies involved as possible and if we’re lucky enough to have more than 12 willing to participate I’m sure we can work around this to fit as many in as possible.”

There will even be space for particularly enterprising individuals who aren’t directly connected to a society, but who are still keen to get involved: “If you’re keen to do you’re bit for charity but are not a member of any teddy hall society just let us know and we’ll fit you in.”

The pair stressed that the naked calendar would only involve “implied nudity.” Bronte said: “I must add that the photos will be tasteful and that there will be no full frontal nudity, only implied with props!”

Angela Dudley, Teddy Hall’s JCR president, said: “the meeting on Sunday went very well, there was unanimous agreement for both motions. The hand stamp will be a great way to speed up entry to events and be much better than a marker pen! The Naked Calendar is an exciting venture to raise money for Cancer Research and will feature the JCR Committee – watch this space!”

Teddy Hall students hope that the Teddy Bear hand stamp will speed up entry to events, enhance community spirit, and be a great reminder of the night. The motion insisted that “everyone will want one.”

James Arwyn-Jones, who seconded the motion, said: “I think it would be an absolute pleasure to bear our stamp for a Teddy Hall event. When you take a moment to paws and think about it, it will help us avoid the grizzly situation of having to write SEH on people’s hands, which is just un-bear-able!”