Price: down with the tabs

National News News

In her first column in new tabloid The Sun on Sunday, Katie Price criticised members of the Cambridge Union for their posh education and bad eating habits.

Writing to 3.26 million buyers of the new tabloid, Price, who debated there in January, said: “I couldn’t even mimic them [Cambridge students] because they’re so posh but their eating habits weren’t as good as mine. Some of them didn’t even wait for each other to start the meal. If I was their mum, I would ask for my money back.”

Unveiled as the paper’s new columnist alongside Toby Young and the Archbishop of York, Price’s main column denounced private schools under the headline ‘Kids need love… not private schools.’

She separately cited the Cambridge Union again when attacking The Lady Editor Rachel Johnson for using “me in her own speech in a nasty way to try to get some cheap laughs,” during their debate on feminism. “Sadly, it backfired on her because I won the debate,” added the glamour model formerly known as Jordan, who also addressed the Oxford Union last October.

Johnson, who edited the Isis magazine in her Oxford undergraduate days, hit back in an article for the Telegraph on Monday. The sister of the Mayor of London, Boris, wrote: “Katie knows, and I know, that what took place was Demosthenic knockabout, in which I actually paid her a series of gushing compliments after she’d made a “speech” – oh God, I’m going to get in trouble again.”