Style O’Clock: Short Sleeved Jumpers

The short sleeved jumper is notoriously difficult to wear: too hot for when its warm and too cold for when its chilly. On the other hand, this makes it perfect for the sort of weather we’ve been experiencing recently. Thus, with transitional weather comes transeasonal dressing. Here at Style O’Clock we show you three different ways to wear this look…

10am                                                   3pm                                               8pm

10am: Pair with a statement necklace, some skinny jeans and a satchel for a practical yet stylish tutorial look.

3pm: Tuck your short sleeved jumper into some high waisted shorts and pop on a neckerchief for a spot of punting, or maybe a trip to port meadow.

8pm: Match with some on trend printed shorts and a suit jacket to dine out in style.

When choosing your short sleeved jumper,  be sure to pick one which is on the right side of vintage – too frumpy and you’ll end up looking like an old lady. Choose a style which looks good both tucked in to high waisted items and on its own, the slimmer the fit the better for this. Avoid cable knitted effects and any other sort of pattern, but most importantly of all, make sure your short sleeved jumper is made out of a natural fabric to avoid sticky (and sweaty) situations. If in doubt, Style O’Clock recommends this from Topshop.

Styled by Raffaella Tomassi