Teddy Hall Cock ‘n’ Ball

College News News University News

Teddy Hall’s Rock n’ Roll Ball has been branded the Cock n’ Roll Ball after various incidents of sexual antics came to light in its aftermath.

The 1950s-themed ball took place on Saturday of 1st week and at least three cases of sexual misdemeanours have arisen since.

Several students have reported that an MCR student was seen giving a handjob on the dancefloor. The student, who was reportedly a member of the Ball Committee, was then removed from the premises.

A couple were also said to have been found having intercourse in one of the college’s kitchens, and were also swiftly removed.

Additionally, in what may well be a first for a college ball, one guest was reportedly sent to hospital in an ambulance with penile fracture.

One student, who did not wish to be named, said he saw a female guest running down the stairs shouting “I’ve broken his cock!” before later seeing a male guest being put in an ambulance.

Penile fracture is a serious injury, which occurs when one of the cylinders in the male organ bursts and requires urgent medical attention. Intercourse accounts for between 30 and 50 percent of occurrences.

Other students confirmed seeing an ambulance leaving the college but were not certain that its passenger was the penile fracture victim.

The Ball Committee declined to comment. JCR President Angela Dudley said she was “unaware of those events occurring. Rumours always fly after an event like this. The ball was fantastic and everyone had a brilliant time.”

One member of the college, who wished to remain anonymous, commented: “Clearly this kind of thing is going to do no favours for those organising future events with the college authorities.” However they added: “I don’t think anyone was particularly off ended, though; if anything people found it hilarious.”

Another student said with regard to the handjob incident: “It’s too much of a coincidence that a Ball Committee member was caught doing this. It must have been planned to add to the authenticity of the Rock ‘n’ Roll ball. I’m sure Elvis Presley got multiple hand jobs while he was performing, back in the day,” he explained.

According to the Terms and Conditions of the Ball, “Members of St. Edmund Hall exhibiting disruptive, aggressive or rude behaviour while queuing to enter or once inside the event will be handled by the Decanal staff on a case-by-case basis but will certainly be refrained from taking part in the remainder of the event.”

The college did not respond to a request for comment