Oxford Style Awards 2012: The Results

Style

by Raffaella Tomassi

Throughout Trinity term out team of expert style spotters scoured the streets of Oxford in order to find the best and most stylish among us to compete in the OxStu’s ‘Oxford Style Awards’ competition.

The competition was close, but the Fashion Team are pleased to announce the winners of the Oxford Style Awards 2012:

1. Most Stylish Woman – Nina

Nina 1

Nina, a first year PPE student at St. Anne’s, answered some of our questions about her sense of style and the winning look, which gained a total of 65 votes. When asked about the winning outfit shown in the photo above, she cited her style inspiration Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as the influence behind the daring suspenders, whilst the dress is from plain old Topshop. Nina’s favourite outfit, pictured below, is something she says that she goes back to time and time again, evoking a “heady mixture of memories … My mum got the bag from Camden Market an age ago and I found it in our dressing up box.” The rings are a combination of an 18th birthday gift and Urban Outfitters, whilst the bangle was found in a souk in Marrakech. With another nod to the dressing up box, her tights were part of an old ’20s flapper outfit.

Nina 2

I asked Nina what she thought encapsulated Oxford style “I struggled to think of an answer to this one. Maybe that’s because there’s no good answer. I do love the fearlessness with which people combine old and new here, though.”

2. Most Stylish Man – Matt

Matt

An example of classic Oxford styls at LawSoc, Matt won the title of Most Stylish Man with 46 votes.

3. Editors Choice

Zakia

This lovely lady was chosen by the Fashion Editors for her great sense of summer style. We especially like the combination of maxi skirt and leopard print Doc Martins.

With thanks to the winners, all who participated in the competition and our team of Style Spotters. Other entries can be seen at www.facebook.com/OxStuFashion