Show Oxstu your wardrobe

Fashion

Katie, the girl behind this week’s ‘Show Oxstu your wardrobe’ answers some questions on her own style:  

Show Oxstu your wardrobe

How would you describe your personal style?

A mix of Topshop and second-hand. It’s quite laid back, perhaps skinny jeans, baggy shirts or jumpers with a chunky pair of boots.

Where are your favourite places to shop?
I’m a bit of a Topshop fiend but I also love Urban Outfitters, Zara and Mango.  For more unusual and original pieces I love second-hand shops.

How do you differ your day and evening wear?
99% of the time my day wear consists of skinny jeans and jumpers but I like to be more adventurous in my evening wear. I often wear dresses with chunky boots or leather shorts with a shirt.

What trends are you looking forward to wearing this season?
Rather than a person who follows trends, I tend to just buy random things that I like.  However, I’ve just bought an over-sized tweed jacket that I’m looking forward to wearing this winter.

Where would you say your greatest style inspiration derives from?
Definitely street style. If I’m in a quirky area I could literally people watch all day. This summer I went to Berlin & Paris and I loved sitting in cafes and parks collecting style tips from the well dressed people who passed by.

Do you have any favourite fashion blogs?
My two favourites are tuula and Trop Rouge but I prefer to use lookbook rather than blogs for outfit inspiration.

Are there any celebrities/public figures whose personal style you particularly admire? If so why?
Probably Kate Moss.  I love her nonchalant attitude.  She always looks interesting and cool but never over the top or like she’s tried too hard.

What would you say defines Oxford style compared to where you’re from?
Less adventurous and preppier. I think people tend to opt for comfort & don’t spend that much time putting outfits together as everyone is so busy.   In Manchester the style is more eccentric and varied than style in Oxford.