Oxford Fashion Week to run an ‘Ethical Fashion Fair’

Fashion

The Oxford Fashion week organisers have announced that they have introduced a day of Ethical Fashion to this year’s week of style and beauty.

Oxford Fashion Week 2012

OFW was launched in 2009 to showcase the incredible talent that exists in the UK, especially in Oxford. As stated on the website;

‘Having enjoyed exponential growth since its inauguration in 2009, OFW continues to expand both the scope and scale of its events programme. Dedicated to showcasing the latest collections from some of the world’s most sought after designers, names such as Alexander McQueenMatthew Williamson and Valentin Yudashkin have all graced OFW catwalks in recent years.’

This expansion in scope includes the launch of the Ethical Fashion Fair, which will be on Thursday 6th of November in the Oxford Town Hall.  Designers such as Stella McCartney, Livia Firth and many others are expected to be involved in the events, and many local ethical fashion experts will be hosting talks, booths and stalls throughout the day. Oh, and of course there will be a selection of fantastic shows as designers show case their collections on the runway.

This year the week will run from the 5th to 11th of November (5th week for those of us who forget what dates actually look like once we are back in college!) and due to popular demand, there will be free events and tickets available at a student rate. Please see the website for more information : http://oxfordfashionweek.co.uk