Official launch of St Anne’s mentoring

A formal event at St Anne’s College this week will mark the official launch of The Danson Mentoring Programme.

The £1.5 million programme, announced last week, will fund 43 new bursaries and provide internship placements for students,

The event, to be held on Wednesday 14th November, is due to be attended by Michael and Helen Danson, donors and trustees of the Danson Foundation, together with three speakers representing a selection of the Danson Group companies.

Other high profile guests will include Jason Cowley, the Editor of current affairs magazine New Statesman.

Oscar Boyd, JCR president at St Anne’s, commented last week on “the range of interesting and exciting internships” which will be provided for students of all years “in such companies as the New Statesman.”

Also present will be Emily Neill, the CEO of Canadean, a consultancy and research firm specialising in the beverage industry, as well as Simon Philips of the Private Equity firm Root Capital. They will be providing St Anne’s students with further information regarding the internships they will be offering in management consultancy, private equity and the printed media.

Simon Philips, of Root Capital, speaking prior to the event, detailed the types of internships which will be offered to St. Anne’s students. He said: “At Root Capital, we are a small team focused on buying, turning around and then growing companies”. Following the formal launch event, St Anne’s students will be invited to start applying for the placements, which are due to begin in the spring and summer of 2013.

Those who gain a place on the Danson Programme will have the chance to discuss the best opportunities for them with representatives of the Danson Foundation, so that their internships will be tailored to each individual.