May Day Make-up

Fashion

P1030352-001

1. Make-up that lasts from day to night to day again

2. How to get that coveted Retro look – perfect for Itchy Feet

3. Update your look from day to night in 60 seconds!

Want long lasting make-up to take you from your 9am Tuesday lecture straight through to May Day morning? If you are planning to catch the Magdalen choir after a long night out, check out our top make-up products to keep you looking fabulous from day to night to day again.

• No 7 Stay Perfect Liquid Foundation moisturises and covers for an even finish lasting 16 hours.
  • Lip stains are great for long lasting colour, fading slowly and evenly. Layer up Revlon Just Bitten 2 in 1 Lip Balm and Stain for a burst of colour with a smooth balm. We especially love the ‘Twilight’ shade: kiss-proof, drink-proof and worrying-about-lipstick-on-your-teeth-proof.
  • Bobbi-Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner – you’ll need a separate brush, but this little beauty will last you right up ’til those (perfectly defined) eyes close on May Day morning.
  • In case of torrential downpour (cheers May Eve 2012), try a waterproof mascara like Maybelline New York Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara, which sets lashes in a curl that lasts all day.

P1030342-001BASE:

Smooth Foundation-Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (shade 51) across your whole face and dab Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection (Light) Concealer to hide blemishes (and also as handy eyelid primer). Use Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (Ivory) under your eyes to illuminate and hide signs of tiredness. Contour with Sleek Face Contour Kit (Light), and brush Rimmel Stay Matte powder (Transparent) through the centre of your face. Apply blush lightly: Holly wears Boots 17 (First Flush).

P1030344-001EYESHADOW:

Brush Bare Minerals Eye Shadow in a pale shade such as Velvet Vanilla all over the eyelid and up to the eyebrow, followed by a darker shade through the crease and at the outer edge of the eye – we’ve used Estee Lauder Pure Colour eyeshadow in a matte dark brown. This can also be used through the brows to get that striking retro look without the harshness of a pencil. Brush Estee Lauder Ivory Box (Holly wears a pale pink shimmer) as a highlight on the brow bone and inner corner.

P1030348-001

EYELINER:

Now for that stylish flick: eyeliner. Holly wears Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner (Black) as a first layer, with Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner to darken and create a precise line.

P1030352-001MASCARA AND LIPS:

Curl your eyelashes and apply liberal amounts of mascara: we love Maybelline Colossal Volume Express P1030355-001Mascara. Finally, for those statement lips, grab a bold colour and pout away: Holly wears Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer (Big Bang).

No time to remove your day-time make-up and re-apply for night-time? Here’s a fast way to update your look from day to night in 60 seconds!

• Rimmel London Glam’Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara – wear one coat during the day for long looking lashes, then layer up with the volumising applicator come night time.
  • Rimmel London 60 Second Nail Polish – this does exactly what it says on the tin, and comes in over 20 great shades. With a nifty applicator which glides over nails for an even finish in seconds, this fast drying polish is an instant way to update your look.
  • Clinique Chubby Sticks Lip Balm – wear one coat during the day for a pretty hint of colour and layer up for an intense colour burst at night. Like Revlon’s Lip Stains, this fades slowly and evenly.

Images sourced from: