What’s On Stage? 4th Week

Welcome to What’s On Stage?, our weekly update showcasing the editors’ picks for what to see in Oxford each week. This week: 4th week.

Cool cool cool this week there are loads of cool things. Well done Oxford! In a frenzy of decisions, we’ve decided to slimline this thing and give you the very choicest of our personal picks. If you want to delve further, though, this is not a definitive list of all the good things to see this week.

Our pick of the week for the viewers among you is Saved (Burton Taylor, opens Tuesday 7.30): revived two years ago for the first time since its censorship in 1965, it’s now hitting the Oxford stage. It’s not that fun – a baby gets stoned to death – but it is, we think, going to be one to watch. Give it a look, tell us what you thought @OxStuStage. If you’d like to participate and not just watch (in drama, not baby-stoning), go along to the Out of Joint workshop (Playhouse top room, 11-1; free but reserve a place) on Thursday and get learning. It’s run by Blanche McIntyre, who also directs Ciphers (opens Wednesday, 7.30) on at the Playhouse this week.

If you’re still feeling spooky post-Halloween hi-jinks, why not go along to The Ghost Hunter at Merton Chapel (Saturday, 8pm). Feeling hackneyed? Want something fresh in your life? – go to the reading at St. Clements Family centre (Saturday, 7.30 pm) to hear nine new short plays. They might not be very good but that will make you feel better about the quality of your own essays.

Want to be featured on What’s On Stage? Send details of your performance and 30 words telling us why you deserve a mention to [email protected]