During recent renovation work, asbestos was found under the floor of St Giles Church. As a result, the church has temporarily closed. The church was fitting a new heating system when the dangerous chemical was discovered in an old pipe lagging.
Speaking to BBC Oxford, the Reverend Canon Dr Andrew Bunch said: “It’s not safe for the builders to move and do the work on the piping when the asbestos is still there. But we’re hoping it will be done within a six-week period.”
The Church hopes to be open for services by Christmas.
Liked reading this article? Don’t forget to share it on social media!