Jane4Change photoshoot an abs-olute hit

Jane Cahill’s OUSU presidential campaign received a peculiar endorsement this week after a group of topless students launched a photoshoot in support of her bid.

The male students, who describe themselves as members of Oxford’s “Gaytriarchy”, claim to be “abtivists” for the Jane4Change campaign.

The shoot, taken in Christ Church, shows the group dressed in brightly-coloured chinos with “Jane4Change” written across their chests.

Cai Wilshaw, who organised the campaign, said the group had an “absolute blast” making the piece.

“I was always supporting Jane4Change in the upcoming election, but after Jane’s incredible hust to the LGBT Society last Tuesday, a group of us decided we could do more to help promote the campaign.”

Facebook users weren’t the only people to appreciate the campaign. “We were even stopped halfway to pose for pictures with a horde of Japanese tourists,” Wilshaw said.

As well as Wilshaw, the photos also feature second-year students Otamere Guobadia and Adam Roberts, alongside freshers Joel Hide and Ben Critchley.

The shoot is a mimic of an infamous photograph of the Bullingdon Club, leading to the group nicknaming themselves the “Pullingdon Club”.

“The abtivism campaign was our way of endorsing Jane with maximum exposure – and also I think it reflects Jane4Change’s ethos as a friendly, fun slate but one with hard-hitting policies,” Wilshaw said.

“Once Jane caught wind of it she loved the idea, and I think it’s only fitting that we should endorse a slate whose diversity is unique in itself, with the highest level of LGBT and BME representation of any slate.”

Guobadia said it was a chance to put his “self-indulgent manwhoredom to good use”.

“When the opportunity arose for me to be in Jane’s unofficial petting zoo, I leapt at the opportunity to put my self-indulgent manwhoredom to good use.”

“After all, every OUSU candidate should be backed up by a sort of consensual harem of shirtless vain gay men, and I wouldn’t deny Jane the expense of my already fledgling dignity.”

Wilshaw received a positive response to the campaign on Twitter. Journalist Ben Cohen, who writes for the London Evening Standard, responded with: “Do I get to see them when in at Oxford next week for disability week?”

Wilshaw’s attempts to persuade broadcaster Stephen Fry to retweet the images, however, fell on deaf ears.

More photos from the shoot will be released in the coming days.