Wadham MCR rep: undergrads are “little shits”

Oxford has been hit with a second email blunder this week after the MCR Men’s Officer at Wadham described undergraduate students as “little shits”.

He was sending an email to the MCR mailing list to encourage support for a motion in tomorrow’s SU (equivalent to a JCR) meeting, which aims to buy a new PS4.

He described this as “a win-win for us” as it means the MCR will get the SU’s old Xbox, as long as MCR members “come down to the SU meeting tomorrow to make sure that no little shits undergrad [sic] manages to garner support for removing this clause”. He appeared to accidentally include undergraduate students as recipients in the email as well.

He also described the SU’s regular mailing list emails as “ridiculously formatted”, and full of “trashy Youtube links that presumably nobody clicks”, leading to an outraged reaction on Twitter. James Rothwell, a finalist at Wadham, said: “I love how he slags them off in the same Email explaining the SU’s about to give them a free Xbox.”

Joe Miles, a second-year PPEist at Wadham, tweeted: “I wish I could be there for this meeting”.

It follows an incident earlier this week at Univ which saw a list of “poor” collection results leaked to undergraduate students.