OUSU hold “Bake Off” competition

A Trinity student has stunned baked-goods enthusiasts at this year’s “Bake Off”.

Eleanor Roberts wowed judges this year with her baking skills. The event was aimed at tackling the “fifth week blues” and was organised by OUSU and the Turl Street Arts Festival.

Roberts won a dinner for two at an upmarket Oxford Eatery, while Trinity College was awarded a giant cookie for having the most entrants to the competition.

The details of what Roberts cooked up have not yet been released, but the recipes will soon be on the OUSU website.

Charlotte Hendy, OUSU rep for Welfare, wrote about her experience of the “Bake Off” in an online blog: “Despite my cookies getting mistaken for rock cakes (cooking is evidently not my forte…) I had a great time. Baking really is therapeutic, and socialising over cake was an opportunity to take a break from the stresses of Oxford life.”

Holly Meehan, a 3rd year at Keble said: “Every year I feel the blues around this time.  Usually I drown it in drink but this year I baked my way out of the problem. And, you know what? It worked!”

A second year Classicist from Univ said: “It was the icing on top of what has so far been a great year!”

Martine Wauben said: “Although I didn’t even bake my own entry – Wharton Chan made the effort for Pembroke – I’m glad I went: what’s better than free cake and a room full of welfare reps?”