The view from the cheap seats

Self-described ‘‘circus arts and street entertainment’’ group Cirque du Soleil are partnering with James Cameron for an Avatar-inspired arena show. That’s James Cameron, not David – although if the film was anything to go by, it’ll be just as long, boring and testosterone-fuelled as PMQs.

Aled Jones is hitting the West End – no, not the sometime Law student, full-time hack of OULC fame, but the one who peaked as a child with the theme from The Snowman. Aled will be performing in ‘White Christmas’ at the Dominion Theatre in a run which will begin next November.

The Southbank Centre are refurbishing ‘‘key venues’’ in a £24 million spending spree after English Heritage told them that repairs “could not be further delayed.’’ These works will hopefully improve disabled access – although, come to think of it, so would knocking the whole ugly edifice down.

‘‘JESUS CANCELLED,’’ the headlines read. In fact, it’s only America’s largest ever production of Jesus Christ Superstar which has been cancelled – but tell that to the weeping Bible-belters who won’t have anything more to do than watch endless reruns of Fox News conspiracy theories.