Wimbledon style pointers from the pros

With Wimbledon in full swing, it is definitely worth taking a moment to remember all the fashion tips we have learnt over the years from the sport of kings, on and off the court…

1. Always match your hat to your shoes. In fact, entire outfit coordination is a real winner in the style stakes.
  1. The hardest working item in your wardrobe is a pleated skirt. A timeless piece, it conjures up images of frolicking in the summer sun (hopefully with a glass of Pimm’s in hand).
  1. White is a perennial summer staple.  This does not apply to one’s arms – St. Tropez is a must (the seaside resort or the self-tan, whichever is the more realistic alternative).

1. Invest in substantial raingear. When it starts to pour, it simply will not do to be without cover. If you can’t afford an £80m retractable roof, a purple and green umbrella will suffice.
  1. The only accessory to be seen with is undoubtedly a significant other with perfectly coiffed hair. Or a trophy.
  1. The best way to ace casual wear is with a pristine pair of Stan Smiths. Unless, of course, you choose to indulge in a bit of sneaker art. Note: festival-style mud does not count.

1. At this time of year, it is important to show one’s patriotism through the support of homegrown brands (Reiss, Mulberry, Tesco Finest Strawberries).
  1. Never wear coloured underwear under white clothing. What many a fashionista has long known to be true is now an official RULE. So for the love of lycra, do follow.
  1. Always, always, always invest in a good stain remover.