With Wimbledon in full swing, it is definitely worth taking a moment to remember all the fashion tips we have learnt over the years from the sport of kings, on and off the court…
- Always match your hat to your shoes. In fact, entire outfit coordination is a real winner in the style stakes.
- The hardest working item in your wardrobe is a pleated skirt. A timeless piece, it conjures up images of frolicking in the summer sun (hopefully with a glass of Pimm’s in hand).
- White is a perennial summer staple. This does not apply to one’s arms – St. Tropez is a must (the seaside resort or the self-tan, whichever is the more realistic alternative).
- Invest in substantial raingear. When it starts to pour, it simply will not do to be without cover. If you can’t afford an £80m retractable roof, a purple and green umbrella will suffice.
- The only accessory to be seen with is undoubtedly a significant other with perfectly coiffed hair. Or a trophy.
- The best way to ace casual wear is with a pristine pair of Stan Smiths. Unless, of course, you choose to indulge in a bit of sneaker art. Note: festival-style mud does not count.
- At this time of year, it is important to show one’s patriotism through the support of homegrown brands (Reiss, Mulberry, Tesco Finest Strawberries).
- Never wear coloured underwear under white clothing. What many a fashionista has long known to be true is now an official RULE. So for the love of lycra, do follow.
- Always, always, always invest in a good stain remover.