Dubai Daily – Day 11

Fashion

Dress, Vintage; Belt, Vintage; Heels, ASOS.

I like to call this look blind bombshell – a.k.a. I am looking directly into the sun, trying to avoid crying, and my dress may or may not be about to do a Marilyn in The Seven Year Itch. In actual fact, I spent most of today battling tears (after last night’s exploits I was a little worse for wear) and unpleasant gusts (office air-con, it’s practically an Arctic storm in there). But I rallied somewhat and put myself to good use, researching upcoming designers for a piece for next week and really doing my bit when a box of pink macarons were delivered to the office around mid-morning. I am nothing if not a team player. After work we headed out to an art opening in a large, white warehouse with live sets played by local indie bands – who says there is no culture in Dubai? – where I really put paid to the hangover by devouring multiple free samples of gourmet popcorn. Thai sweet chilli x chocolate peanut butter, anyone? We ended the night at an Asian fusion restaurant overlooking the fountains under the Burj Khalifa, with scallop ceviche and salmon and octopus sashimi tacos. Mexican and Japanese. Alexander Wang and H & M. Croissant and Donut. This season, it’s all about the chic collaborations, it seems. Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset