OxStu Fashion’s healthy New Year picks

Style

Need to detox after your Christmas mince pie and brandy butter binge?  For a New Year’s cleanse both inside and out, these products should help give you a new lease of life so you can start 2015 feeling fresher, happier, and healthier. The ‘magic’ of Christmas is over, but here are a few lotions and potions which will work wonders in the New Year.

1

Elizabeth Arden

Eight Hour Cream

£26.00

This miracle worker is a multi-purpose skin protectant for dry skin, lips, and even minor burns. This winter essential soothes and reduces the appearance of dry skin within hours of using it, giving skin a healthy glow. It works perfectly under foundation to add shine to your cheeks and eyelids and under lipstick to give a glossy long-lasting finish. It’s also great for shaping and defining eyebrows that will stay in place.

4

Plenish

Spicy Limonade Cold Pressed Juice

£5.59

This organic smoothie is perfect for a morning pick me up without the caffeine. With lots of exciting different flavours to try, this metabolism and immunity-boosting drink promotes healthy skin and good digestion.

2

Tesco Everyday Value Food Wrap

£0.60

Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion

£4.00

This quick, simple trick works wonders if you have dry skin on your feet. Apply any brand of moisturizer/petroleum jelly generously to your feet, wrap your feet in cling film and put socks over the top (to hold the cling film in place). Leave for an hour before removing the cling film.

3

Nutri Bullet

£89.00

The NutriBullet Superfood Nutrition extractor is smaller than a normal food blender and completely breaks down fruit and vegetables into a pulp-free smoothie. Whilst juicing gets rid of all the fibre and blending leaves you with big chunks, this produces a smooth, healthy drink. Simply load the container, put it on the power base and twist the container off. With hundreds of recipes to try there’s no need to stick to something green!

5

Dove

Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

£3.99

This conditioner is perfect if you want beautifully soft, nourished hair that doesn’t look greasy. It’s better than any expensive hair product I have ever used and the whole of my family now would be lost without it! It’s perfect for heat damaged and dyed hair and even smells great, as well as controlling frizz and making hair look and feel smooth and shiny.

7

Sally Hansen

Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener

£8.99

This is the best product to stop your nails splitting, cracking and peeling. It has real diamond particles which are known to add strength and durability, plus it gives a brilliant lustrous shine. The quick-drying formula is easy to apply and can be used as a base or top coat too with any other nail varnish.

6

Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask

£29.00

With active plant extracts, this facemask is great if you have spot-prone, oily or combination skin. It makes your skin look fresh, smooth, poreless and cleansed while smelling of herbs and flowers. A favourite for spa facials, it’s worth splashing out for.

Having used up your last ounce of altruism over Christmas, January will be for treating yourself. It’s guilt-free, New Year ‘indulgence’ that you can feel good about, and it might just ease the shock of even the most ascetic of resolutions. Getting yourself back to health is a gradual process, but a tangy smoothie and nourished skin can make you feel refreshed from Day One.