Wardrobe Revision for Trinity Term

The aesthetics of summertime in Oxford can appear rather overwhelming, when one considers the perfect boater hat to model when punting, or the structured pair of brogues to sport when lounging on the grass, not to mention the plethora of accessories that are required to complete a look for a Ball.

Yet in reality what is needed are a few key pieces to elevate one’s mood and to confirm a pause in mountains of work by peeling off the college stash joggers to slip into something improved.

Something Old

Untitled

A hallmark of the SS15 trends is a return to the 70s, a suede miniskirt fulfils this trend but without looking too garish. The style is a favourite amongst bloggers, from left to right the skirts above are from Zara £69.99, Topshop £75 and H&M £99.99. However the benefit of sporting a retro style is the opportunity to find an authentic piece, for a better price, in vintage and charity shops.

Something New

jackets

The structured style of a sleeveless blazer is ideal for spring when the weather hasn’t made up its mind on warmth or rain and keeps flitting between the two. Such a jacket is reminiscent of some of the red-carpet looks this year sported by the likes of Oxford alumni Emma Watson and Amal Clooney. New Look £19.99, Dorothy Perkins £25.20 and Topshop £68.

Something Borrowed

stripesBorrowing from a nautical trend, stripes seem to add a sense of chic to a pair of old jeans, with a bold lip they ooze parisian style and work for a simple club look. Boohoo £10, River Island  £38 and French Connection £45

Something Blue

denimRarely can one line cause a frenzy in the way achieved by Alexa Chung for AG jeans, because of her denim is appearing in a multitude of guises. The dungaree style is particularly appealing as it is sure to insight complements but in reality requires very little effort and there is no need to fret over co-ordination. New Look £22.99, Mango at John Lewis £54.99 and AG Jeans £338.81.

Image: Tumblr