So – you’re coming to Oxford

Anyone who says they weren’t nervous to open their exam results is a liar. Thousands of students up and down the country will have found out today whether they’ve made their offers for university places – and, if you’re reading this, chances are that a) your UCAS status has changed to “offer confirmed” and b) that offer is from Oxford.

If you’re one of those A-level students, then congratulations! You made it through applications, interviews and now the final hurdle, and in around seven weeks time, you’ll be making the journey to Oxford to start the new term. Of course, you might have found out weeks ago if you took Highers or the IB, or, like many gap-year or mature students, have been sitting on an unconditional offer since January. And at the end of the day, it really doesn’t matter. Everyone coming in October is going to be facing the same challenges of moving into a new environment, fending for themselves and meeting literally hundreds of new people.

The next three or four years are going to be great. They’re going to be hard. But you’ll come out the other end having lived and studied in one of the best universities in the world, met amazing people and probably pulled more than a few all-nighters to meet your deadlines.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be releasing a series of posts to offer advice and procrastination in the long wait before term actually starts, so keep an eye on the OxStu’s Facebook and Twitter (linked below) to make sure you don’t miss anything. Do you have a burning question about Oxford life or studying?  Feel free to ask us, and we’ll do our best to answer.

In the meantime, congratulations again – we’ll see you in October!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheOxStu?fref=ts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheOxStu