Oxford Gin Festival cancelled

Local News News

Image Credit: cyclonebill (CC-BY-SA-2.0)

Gin Festival Ltd, a company which runs gin festivals across the UK, has cancelled what was to be Oxford’s 2nd annual Gin Festival.

After a successful 1st year in 2017 the company had hoped to host their 2nd event in Oxford Town Hall from the 5th to 7th October. The company has since gone into administration and announced the cancellation of all 20 of their planned summer events, without refunding customers’ tickets.

Tickets to the Oxford festival cost 15GBP, which the company says they are unable to reimburse. It is thought that an estimated 20,000 customers across the UK have been affected by this announcement, and consequently will not be refunded for their tickets.

The company’s directors said on their website: “It is with deep regret that we have had to take the decision to put the Gin Festival business into administration yesterday (Thursday 5th July 2018).

“We tried everything we could to rescue the business so that it would not come to this but unfortunately, we have not been able to do so. We know this will be disappointing to you and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We want to thank all our amazing customers/suppliers for their support over the years.

“After 5 years of hard work and passion, this was not a decision we have taken lightly and personally this will mean we lose our home and everything we have worked hard to build. We ask that you may be able to provide us with your compassion and understanding at this extremely difficult time for us.”