Varsity Ski Trip announce headliners for opening and closing nights

Music News

Image Credit: © pitpony.photography / CC-BY-SA-3.0

The organisers of the Varsity Ski trip have announced the acts headlining their opening and closing night parties.

These include Example and Rudimental, who join a host of acts to have performed at the Varsity Ski trip including Calvin Harris, Tinie Tempah, Sigma and Sigala.

Example, the stage name of Elliot John Gleave, is the artist behind number one tracks such as ‘Changed The Way You Kissed Me’, and also a former voiceover artist for the Paramount Comedy Channel, now Comedy Central. He recently released a mixtape, Bangers & Ballads, in August.

He will perform at the opening night party, held on the evening of Sunday 2nd December, with Shy FX, a DJ best known for his remixes of songs including London Grammar’s ‘If You Wait’ and DJ Fresh’s ‘Gold Dust, as well as producing for a number of artists including Dizzee Rascal.

The multi-platinum band Rudimental will headline the closing night on Thursday 6th. The Hackney drum and bass band, best known for singles including ‘Feel the Love’ and ‘Not Giving In’, have received awards including the MOBO for Best Album and the Brit Award for Best British Single, and their next album, Toast to Our Differences, is expected in the New Year.

They will be joined by Alex Adair, a DJ from Sussex who’s debut single, ‘Make Me Feel Better’, was produced as part of his University degree and reached number 13 in the UK charts.

Connor Thirlwell, our Music Editor, said that ‘Purveyors of high-intensity chart-topping club anthems, these two big-name headliners are archetypes of contemporary electronic dance music. Rudimental are more pulsing, high-tempo drum ‘n bass lovers (2013’s massive hit Feel the Love is recognisable to all) while Example favours steadier, wriggling garage rhythms.’

The parties will be held in the Val Thorens sport centre.