Bungee Jump to return to Gloucester Green for Oxford RAG

Oxford RAG are bringing a 175 ft crane to Gloucester Green on Sunday 19th May for students to take part in ‘The Leap’ – a charity bungee jump.

Over 100 places are up for grabs and are priced at £45 each to cover the costs of the jump. Each participant is expected to raise £100 in sponsorship, which will go to RAG’s elected charities. This year’s charities are The Porch, Aspire, Into University and Education Partnerships Africa.

RAG Challenges Officer Ben Bilefield said: ‘With Trinity a big term for exams, we thought we’d bring an epic 175 ft procrastination opportunity to students. Why travel to an exotic location on your gap year to do a bungee jump when you can do it in the centre of Oxfordshire… and Gloucester Green bus station?

‘This is a once in a lifetime chance to tick something off the bucket list, escape the library, and raise money for some of our incredible elected charities.’

For those who aren’t jumping, there will be festivities and street food in Gloucester Green market to enjoy while watching those who are taking the leap. Jumpers will be allocated times from 10:30am onwards, and prizes will be awarded to the top fundraiser and best costume.

Entries opened on 21 April and you can register your interest at: bit.ly/ragleap2019. Stay up to date at www.facebook.com/oxfordrag.