Inspirational Teachers Award winners announced

The 2019 Inspirational Teacher award winners were announced, honoring their importance in the lives of the students that they teach. The nominees are all chosen by first-year students at Oxford and are invited to attend the award ceremony in May. The winners are not only college teachers but also from state schools across the UK.

The award ceremony was started in 2010 as an initiative to recognize the importance of the positive impact a teacher can make in the lives of their students. This year they received 84 nominations for teachers across England and one nomination in Northern Ireland

The winners are:

Winners Nominated
Carolyn Davies of NPTC Group in Neath Port Talbot, Wales Abi Owen at Jesus College.
Claire Hurst of The Lancaster Academy in Leicester, East Midlands Roman Kenny-Manning at Corpus Christi College.
Emma Read of St Albans RC High School in Torfaen, Wales Laura McGriele at Lady Margaret Hall.
Matthew Southern-Myers, formerly of Cranford Community College in Hounslow, London Lucy Tirahan at Lincoln College.
Oliver Smith of Halesowen College in Dudley, West Midlands Michael-Akolade Ayodeji at University College.
Richard Dunsterville of The Bay CE School in the Isle of Wight Sam Lapham at Christ Church College.
Robert Fisher of Blackpool Sixth Form in Blackpool, North West England Callum Wardle at Queen’s College.
Simon Dawson, formerly of Springwood High School in Norfolk, East England Kaveeta Malhi at Merton College.
Steve Jolley of The FitzWimarc School in Rayleigh, East England Lewis Davies at Pembroke College.
Susan Orsi of Carmel College in Darlington, North East England Chloe Summers at Brasenose College.