University seeks student input on Student Wellbeing and Mental Health Strategy

The University has organised two student consultations in preparation for writing a Student Wellbeing and Mental Health Strategy.

In an email to students, the Pro-Vice Chancellor for Education said ‘Each session will cover our draft strategy and implementation plan, and there will be a chance for you to brainstorm ideas and tell us what is most important to you about student wellbeing and mental health.’

The first session will be for undergraduates and the second for postgraduates, but all are welcome to attend either session. A link will be circulated to allow those interested but unable to attend to contribute to the strategy online.

Ellie Macdonald, VP Welfare & Equal Opportunities, said: ‘This is a really positive step forward for the University and hopefully students will be able to use these consultations to share what needs to be improved in the the new mental health strategy.

‘This strategy is an opportunity for the University and colleges to radically change the way that mental health is dealt with at Oxford and I would strongly urge any student that can attend any of these consultations to do so.’

The undergraduate consultation will be on Wednesday 14 May at St Edmund Hall. More details can be found here.

The postgraduate consultation will be on Friday 17 May at Wolfson College. More details can be found here.