RECIPE: Ginger and White Chocolate Cheesecake

Culture Food and Drink

Even though its January, I’m sure nobody has any intention of reading diet recipes: the
prospect of waiting another year for Christmas is sad enough without throwing quinoa into
the situation. So, to wean off Christmas feasting, make one of the simplest cheesecake recipes
that (despite its deliciously sounding title) doesn’t require any fiddly work peeling or grating
ginger as the ginger nut base does all that for you. Merry January everyone!

Ingredients
-100g ginger biscuits
-25g butter
-150g white chocolate
-200g cream cheese
-75ml sour cream
-1 egg

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 170c. If using a metal tin, line its base with greaseproof paper, if
using a ceramic dish, you can leave it unlined.
2. Place the biscuits and butter into a food processor and pulse until the biscuits are fine
but not like a powder – you want to be able to see some shards of biscuit in the
mixture. Pour this into your tin and press down to form a smooth layer of biscuit that
covers the base of the dish. Place in the fridge whilst you make the filling.
3. Melt the chocolate either in a pan on a low heat or in the microwave (I use the latter
because I’m lazy – but be sure not to let it burn). Set this mixture aside to cool slightly
whilst, in another bowl, you mix the cream cheese, sour cream and egg until
completely smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate.
4. Pour the creamy mixture onto the biscuit base and wrap the base of the tin/dish in foil
so that it reaches at least halfway up the tin. Make a water bath for the cheesecake by
placing it in a baking tray and pouring in enough hot water to reach just underneath
the level of the foil, ensuring no water touches the actual tin. Place in the oven for
about 25 minutes. The edges of the cheesecake should be set and the middle still
slightly wobbly. Leave to cool before diving in.

Image Credit: zingyyellow