Sir Michael Dixon elected Principal of Green Templeton College

Sir Michael Dixon has been elected as the next Principal of Green Templeton College, and will take up the post from September 2020.

Sir Dixon trained as a zoologist at Imperial College London before completing a doctorate at the University of York. He was appointed Director of the Natural History Museum in 2004 and has remained there for over 15 years, before announcing last year he will be stepping down. In 2014, he was awarded a knighthood in recognition for his services to museums.

Dr Rebecca Surender, Vice Principal of the College, said: “The Governing Body is really excited by the values, vision and significant leadership experience Michael will bring to build on the successes of Professor Denise Lievesley as Principal. Green Templeton is poised at a key point in its evolution and we look forward to working together under Michael’s headship to deliver on the college’s strategic ambitions and potential”.

Sir Dixon stated he is “delighted that the Governing Body of Green Templeton College has selected me to be the next Principal. I look forward to building on the legacy of previous Principals in making the college a vibrant, stimulating community for research and learning where fellows and students can thrive”.

Image Credit: WikimediaCommons