Oxford University will move all Trinity Term exams online

In an email sent to all Oxford students and academic staff, the Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education has announced the updated university policy in light of the new government measures introduced yesterday to help halt the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The email starts: “I am writing to provide another update on coronavirus in light of the Government’s introduction of social distancing and additional overseas travel restrictions…

“Overall, the University remains operational, however, we are responding by closing some public areas, and implementing local contingency plans.  We are also encouraging staff to work from home, where possible.”

The email goes on to confirm that all Trinity Term exams will be moved online, as well as all teaching and learning.

Most notably, the University has changed its policy on out-of-term residency. The University is now advising all UK- domicile students, postgraduate and undergraduate, to leave the University as soon as possible. Previously, the policy did not extend to postgraduates.

Research postgraduates have also been advised to work from home or from University and College accommodation.

The University reiterated their earlier announcement today that public venues such as museums, libraries, and cafes will be closed for the foreseeable future, however, parks and gardens will remain open for now.