Quite possibly the simplest recipe to date – these Easter nests have just four ingredients, making them almost embarrassingly simple in these times of sourdough starters and Dalgona coffee experiments. Granted, they’re not the most sophisticated of bakes – there’s not even any baking involved – but if for some obscure reason you’ve actually found yourself short of time (unlikely, I know) then you can have these ready in 10 minutes. Make that 30 if you want to give them time to set..but do you?
- 225g chocolate (milk, dark or a mix)
- 25g unsalted butter
- 100g shredded wheat (four of the big “pillows” – pretty sure that’s what they’re called?!)
- Mini eggs to top
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and put them in a glass bowl with the butter.
- Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water then melt over medium heat.
- In another bowl, crumble up the shredded wheat then pour this into the melted chocolate.
- Line a tray with baking paper and spoon on piles of the mixture.
- Add a couple of mini eggs on top of each nest and leave in a cool place (not the fridge).