Snowpeople of Oxford: in pictures

Local News News

Snowpeople descended on the city on Sunday as Oxford saw the first snowfall of the year. Here are some photos of the frosty figures which The Oxford Student has received from students and staff members at the university.

Weather forecasts suggest the possibility of another snowy weekend. The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for snow in Oxford on Saturday, though the warning primarily covers the West Midlands and parts of Wales. The warning states that snow, heavy at times, may lead to some travel disruption.

One Oxfess post which received hundreds of reactions read, “Oxford Students: there literally isn’t enough time in the day to get all the work I’m getting set at the moment done. Also Oxford Students: OMG it snowed I must take half a day off to play in it at once.”

Two snowpeople in the Christ Church Masters Garden, perhaps snow-cially distancing. Image: Lucy Taylor (@LucyATaylor)

A tall snowperson donning a traffic cone has two “Please Keep Off the Lawns” signs for arms. Image: Frankie Wright

A towering snowperson with a bushy head of leaves. Image: Cesca Peacock

A dog says hello to a snowy friend with a knit cap and a scarf featuring skulls. Image: Thomas Foster-Brown

A snowperson perched along an icy river enjoys the snowy views. Image Credit: Chloe Dobbs