Image Description: The photo on the left is of a stack of chocolate covered pancakes, and the one on the right is of pancakes covered in chopped banana.
Nothing tastes better than warm homemade pancakes for breakfast. Here is a very easy recipe to make pancakes from scratch in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (levelled and spooned)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 packet dry vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Assorted toppings: maple syrup (my personal favourite), chocolate syrup, whipped cream, strawberry jam.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set these ingredients aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg with the milk. Add the dry ingredients to this mixture. Try to break up the little lumps in the mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium heat. Carefully rub the bottom of the skillet with some butter so that the mixture won’t burn.
- Place 1 scoop of the batter onto the skillet over a medium heat.
- Cook until the surface of the pancake has some bubbles. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with your favourite toppings.
Image Credit: Marietta Kosma