Image Credit: Kaofenlio

Queen’s College Provost steps down

In a statement released on the 25th of January, Queen’s College Provost, Dr Claire Craig, announced her decision to step down from her position during the next academic year due to personal and family reasons.

Craig, who has served in the role for five years, expressed regret in making this decision and assured her commitment to ensuring a smooth transition for her successor.

The Governing Body of Queen’s College has already initiated the search for the next Provost, and additional details, including the timeline for the selection process, will be disclosed in the near future.

Craig reflected on her tenure, expressing pride in the College’s response to the challenges posed by the pandemic: “I am proud to have served the College during the pandemic and I remain full of respect for the way Fellows, College staff and students responded to one of the most difficult periods the College has experienced in its long history.” 

During her time as Provost, Craig worked to uphold Queen’s “long-standing tradition of excellence in education and research.” She emphasised her commitment to “steward[ing] this tradition for the future” and pledged to support a seamless transfer of “knowledge and relationships” to her successor.

Senior Fellow Professor Peter Robbins, speaking on behalf of the College’s Governing Body, praised Provost Craig for “her unstinting service to the College”. The Governing Body also thanked her for steering the community through the challenges of the pandemic with “commitment, intelligence, and generosity.” 

“A fuller tribute will be paid to her many successes in post when the times comes but, for now, we look forward to working with her over the coming months.  The Governing Body will start the process to select her successor and arrange an orderly transition.”

Image Credit: Kaofenlio

Image Description: Queen’s College