Oxford’s first-ever student app to pilot

MyOxford, the University’s first student app, will pilot starting Trinity Term 2024. The app is set to launch in the 2024-25 academic year to enable more seamless and up-to-date access to key University and college systems services.

Undergraduate and postgraduate students from selected colleges and departments will provide feedback on the app’s design, features, and accessibility throughout the Term. The app’s development team will factor in suggestions for the app’s official launch next year. 

Students can access MyOxford through a web browser or as an app on any device with their unique Single Sign On (SSO).

MyOxford will centralise the University’s systems, services, and news to enable students to quickly navigate programs and digital tools. This will include Nexus365 (including email, calendar, and OneDrive), Canvas, Search Oxford Libraries Online (SOLO), Student Self-Service, college-specific content, and the latest college and University updates. 

The development of MyOxford comes as part of Oxford’s Digital Transformation programme. The programme seeks to modernise and update the University’s culture and digital environment. By developing IT systems and new apps, alongside other initiatives, the programme aims to improve all University members’ digital experiences and capabilities. 

Many students have previously faced challenges when navigating and using the University’s systems and services. The MyOxford app marks a significant effort to enhance the student digital experience at the University.

Image Credit: freestocks via Unsplash

Image Description: A man’s hands using his smartphone