Nightclub Plush to launch complete night out for £20 amid rising living cost 

Plush, an LGBTQ+ bar and nightclub in Oxford, has announced the launch of the Ultimate Night Out Ticket, offering customers entry to the club and four premium drinks for £20.

Customers will be able to choose from 50 different drinks, including any spirit and a mixer, bottled lagers, ciders, alcopops, and shooters. 

Entry tickets are usually around £5, and drinks vary from £4-8. 

The offer comes after ATIK, another popular nightclub in Oxford, announced it would be closing its doors in June. The number of nightclub closures has risen significantly since the pandemic, with 31% of clubs in the UK closing between March 2020 and December 2023.

The offer is also motivated by the cost of living crisis, as Plush aims to provide a more affordable night out for students and young people.

Peter Marks, the Chairman of Rekom UK, the parent company of ATIK, accredited the reason behind the nightclubs’ closure to “the combination of the cost-of-living crisis hitting younger generations and students particularly hard, as well as the rising national living wage.”

Operations Director Stuart Hayles, said: “We know that the cost-of-living crisis we wanted to build on our reputation for offering quality nights out and the best value in Oxford, by enabling people to have an entire night out for just £20.”

The club plans to continue the offer throughout June if they find the launch to be successful. 

Plush was established in 2010, to provide a safe atmosphere predominantly for the LGBTQ+ community.

Image credit: Alex Haveron-Jones

Image Description: Plush